Head Of School Welcome Message
Dear Students, Parents, Staff and Community,
I am thrilled to welcome you to The British School Lomé, where we are committed to providing an exceptional international education in a safe, nurturing, and inclusive environment, catering for the local and expatriate community. It is with great excitement and pride that I share my vision for our esteemed institution.
One of the great strengths of BSL is its happy, friendly and inclusive community, which is a wonderful reflection of the people and culture of Togo. At the British School Lome, our vision is to inspire and enable every student to reach their true potential and become responsible participants in a global world. Through the combined efforts of our dedicated staff, supportive parents, and engaged community, we aim to achieve excellence in education and empower our students with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in an ever-evolving world.
Our success is built upon several important pillars, each of which contributes to the rich educational experience we provide:
1. 40 years of Academic Excellence (Early Years, Primary, Secondary and IB Diploma Programme): We strive for excellence in academic achievements, nurturing a love for learning and equipping our students with a solid foundation that prepares them for future success. At BSL we combine all that is excellent in a British academic and pastoral education embedded with STEAM and the Inquiry/Project-based concept.
2. Student Engagement: We value active student engagement, encouraging curiosity, critical thinking, creativity, and effective communication skills, empowering our students to be lifelong learners and problem solvers. Through our global Alumni, we continue to support and open doors for our students long after they have last set foot in school.
3. Well-Qualified and Caring Teachers: The role of the teacher is to focus on the individual student’s senses, both sides of the brain and facilitate learning by using a range of approaches including technology. This is to ensure that our children feel valued and that it is understood how they learn, and what they need in order to learn effectively. We are proud of our passionate and dedicated teachers who are committed to creating a positive and stimulating learning environment, fostering the holistic development of each student.
4. Inclusive and Supportive Environment: We embrace diversity and create an inclusive and supportive environment, where every individual is respected, valued, and provided with equal opportunities to thrive.
5. Well-Rounded Education: We recognize the importance of a well-rounded education, promoting the development of physical, social, emotional, and cultural aspects alongside academic achievement.
6. Parental and Community Involvement: We strongly believe in the collaboration between school, parents, and the wider community, fostering strong partnerships to support our students' growth and success.
7. Continuous Improvement and Innovation: We are committed to continuous improvement and innovation, striving to provide the best educational practices, methods, and resources to meet the evolving needs of our students and prepare them for the future.
8. Discover Opportunities at BSL - SAT, IELTS Examination Centre and University Admissions – At BSL, we go beyond traditional education, preparing for life beyond school involves crucial decisions and planning. Our dedicated team of career counsellors provides individualized guidance, helping students navigate career pathways, explore fields of interest, and make informed choices. We also offer extensive support for local and international university admissions, ensuring our students are well-equipped to pursue their higher education dreams.
Together, we will embark on an incredible educational journey, driven by our shared vision of excellence, collaboration, and global citizenship. I encourage all students, parents, staff, and community members to actively engage in realizing this vision, creating a positive and supportive environment that nurtures the potential of each individual.
I invite you to explore our website, subscribe to our social media platform, attend our school events, and become an active part of our dynamic school community. Together, let us inspire and empower the leaders of tomorrow, equipped with knowledge, skills, and values that will guide them towards successful and meaningful lives.
Please do contact the school if you would like to visit us, it would be a pleasure to meet you.
Thank you for your unwavering support, trust, and dedication to the British School Lomé. I look forward to working together towards an extraordinary educational journey.
B.A, TEFL, IT Dip, PGCE, MA Eco
Head of School